Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Second Movie Reviews: License to Wed and Live Free or Die Hard

License to Wed:

First off, I'm married, so going to see a Mandy Moore film wasn't my idea. I came into the movie with pretty low expectations, but was pleasantly surprised. The movie had its comedic moments, had a decent (albeit predictable) storyline, and wasn't too long. Some parts were too "chick flick" for me, but other than that, it was fairly entertaining. Perhaps the best thing I can say is that I did not regret seeing this movie after I walked out of the theatre.

Live Free or Die Hard:

Very good! It lives up to the Die Hard standard of action. Bruce Willis carried the movie (because that's what happens with Die Hard movies), but I was also surprised how well the the Apple guy from the TV commercials did. The story was good if you like the espionage-type thrillers, the action was not over-the-top, and it also had some very funny moments with a Kevin Smith cameo, although I was the only one in the theatre laughing because most of the jokes were Star Wars/Trek related and went over the heads most people. If you got time, check out this one!

Post-Script:

I think I've seen the new Catherine Zeta-Jones-Douglass movie trailer "No Reservations" in all four of these movies (the one where she's a chef trying to raise a young girl) and I can tell you now that her movie will probably be the biggest flop of the year. I think the movie title is actually a warning that only people with "No Reservations" for torturing themselves by watching terribly bad movies should see it.

No comments: